Administrators can create automations by following the steps below.
To add automation;
- Go to the Settings page, select the Automations submenu from the Business Rules menu on the left.
- Click on the Add Automation button.
- Enter a title for the automation.
- Add conditions and actions for automation.
An automation consists of three parts:
- Time planned for automation work
- Conditions that must be met for automation to work
- Action to be taken when conditions are met
- Make your planned time arrangements for the automation to work.
Manual: There will not be any timing to run the automation, you need to run it manually. Automation works as soon as you turn it on.
Cron Sequence (Quartz Timer): A cron sequence is the act of issuing a command to repeat a task at a later time. If we want the automation to run at a certain time interval such as every day, every hour or once a week, the cron formula is entered in this field.
You can enter the condition and create a formula from http://www.cronmaker.com/?0.
For example, a cron sequence for automation that we want to run every hour;
Formula for timer: 0 0 0 0/1 1/1 1/1 * ? *
One-Time Planning: It is used for automations that we plan to run one-time at a later date. By selecting a date, the automation will run for the requests for which the conditions are met when that date arrives.
Click the Add Condition button. Use the All or Any conditions to select which requests meet which conditions the automation will run on.
Click the Add Action button. Select the actions that will take place if the general conditions are met. You can update the priority, assignment, type or other added form fields of the requests that meet the conditions, and send e-mails in bulk.
To understand this even more simply, this simple formula can be summarized as follows: If x (condition) is true, then do y (action) , or take action if the condition is met.
- Save your new automation by clicking Create.
- You can activate the automation by clicking on the Run button.
Note: In Grispi, automation can check the times worked from the work history. Job history is only displayed when automation is active. Inactive automations are not visible in the work history, they are displayed when activated.